Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heat by Mike Lupica - Rebecca Caudill Nominee

I selected this book because it was written about baseball, and being a softball player, I felt that I could relate to the story. The Heat, by Mike Lupia, is a Rebecca Caudill Nominee and is a tremendous novel for every child who has big dreams. Not only does this book discuss big dreams, but it also touches on family, friends, and "young love". As soon as I started this book, I could not put it down, I was just itching to figure out what was going to happen. Would Michael Arroyo be disappointed and not be able to pitch at Yankee Stadium, the dream that he and his father have been thinking about for years? What would end up happening to Michael and his brother, Carlos? I would recommend this book to any individual, not only is it a good read, it is also inspirational.

No comments: