Monday, October 27, 2008

Junie B. Jones and some Sneaky Peaky Spying by Barbara Park - Series Study

I have fallen in love with Barbara Park's Junie B. Jones series! I wish my teachers would have introduced me to this novel when I was a young student. Park has a way of convincing the reader that reading is fun, because Junie B. is fun and hilarious. In this book, Junie B. is spying on people and she wants to spy on Mrs., her teacher. She sees Mrs. at the store, while spying on her, Mrs. eats two grades, but doesn't pay for it. This is a huge problem for Junie B. because she once ate three marshmellows out of a bag and her mother had to pay for it, because eating is stealing (that's what Junie B. says). I recommend this book to any early reader, there are good themes and interesting plots in these books!

No comments: